*Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent
My age is: 27
I live in: Upstate New York
My relationship status is: Married
I live in a: The house my husband built for me
We met my senior year of high school through my brother's Boy Scout troop. He was working on his Eagle Scout service project and I had been told to chauffeur my brother and stay for at least an hour to help. Little did my father know, his command would lead me straight into the arms of my first and only true love. My eagle scout already had his life planned out. He wanted to own his own business, build his own home and have a wife at the age of 18. He was 17 when we met and I made him wait 3 years to marry me, but in that time he built me our home and realized his dreams. We have been dreaming together ever since.
My children and/or pets: A 85lb 9yr old collie/labrador mix (see above cut), a pair of 15lb 2yr old sibling felines; black long hair male (see gardening cut) & tuxedo short hair female (see below)
My obsession of the moment is: Baking, It will change to gardening when I can smell the dirt!
My favorite "guilty pleasure" is: Romance Books (How classic is that?!)
My favorite domestic activity is: Gardening - Wait, does cuddling count?
The domestic chore I hate is: Dusting, mopping is a close second.
Are you a beginner domestic diva or an experienced pro?: 10 year beginner
I found this community through: A random lj search for novice quilters. I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine.
My favorite recipe is (put behind an LJ cut if it is lengthy): Homemade Pizza! Open invitation every Friday night at 8pm!
Bread Maker Pizza Dough (2-3 large pizzas)
1.5c hot water (plus 3T)
2T olive oil
4c white flour
1c wheat flour
*Sometimes I throw in some fresh chives, dry crushed basil or crushed red pepper*
• Place in bread maker in given order on pizza dough cycle (should be 1 hr).
• Check for correct consistency at the beep. Add up to 3T of water if needed.
• Add olive oil to a large round baking pan with high sides - enough to coat the bottom.
• Using 1/3 to 1/2 of prepared dough, roll a circle slightly larger than the prepared pan.
• Place dough into oiled pan and press up the sides.
• Using a greased plate (or anything to weight the center) place in center of dough, cover and let rise approx 1hr.
• Preheat oven to 475 degrees
• Remove plate/weight & pierce dough to avoid air bubbles.
• Apply desired toppings
• Bake to desired doneness - Approx 15 in
Thin Crust Pizza
• Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
• Remove 1/3 prepared dough.
• Roll and toss into desired shape and thinness.
• Sprinkle pizza pan with cornmeal and place dough on top.
• Pierce dough with fork throughout to avoid air bubbles.
• (Optional) For very crispy crust, place bare crust in oven approx 5 min - til half baked.
• Apply desired toppings
• Bake to desired doneness - Approx 15 min
My hubby always makes his special pizza sauce and he never measures!
1 can tomato sauce 8oz
1 can tomato paste 4oz & 1 can water
Garlic powder, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
Oregano powder, to taste
Gr. black pepper, to taste
• Mix well with whisk. Spread over crust with large spoon.
I have found that a mixture of mozzarella cheese (majority) and cheddar (sprinkle) works well. (more cheddar = more grease)