It’s cold, so cold. Well, for North Carolina anyway.
Wrapping up more things now that we’ve had a couple solid freezes. I pulled a bunch of ’Bishop’s Children’ dahlia tubers which makes me feel quite proud since those were all started from seed and seem to have formed really nice fat tubers that will hopefully make healthy blooms next year. I think I'm gonna start more dahlias from seed next year. I finally took cuttings of the New Guinea Impatiens & Tradescantia ‘Blue Sue’ and I need to get on the case of getting cuttings from various nemesia. I’ve been a bit too lazy about cuttings, but at least the tradescantia should root quite easily. I repotted the spider plant and a Tradescantia zebrina a few nights ago. If I were wise I’d repot a bunch of the houseplants. They don’t get much love in the summer when I’m messing with the garden. I started some basil seeds collected from this year’s ‘Red Rubin’ inside so I could see if they’re coming up true. Also, basil is delicious.