I'm just about to move into an apartment and I'm really stuck when it comes to layout and desk ideas for this one.
This is the basic apartment layout:
And here is a roughness done of what I will need in it and what it's like.
Essentially, I just need help with the living room. Although not shown in the first layout photo (but I added in the second, the area that looks like bricks), there is a little tile area which is sort of the entrance/dining area. We've already figured that one out so ignore it :P
As for the living room, we need somewhere to put our couch, TV (and all our gaming stuff), two desks, and a TON of space to put up a TON of shelves (yeah, weird I know, but it's a requirement). We have thick heavy curtains we're putting over the window. I wouldn't also mind getting a couple more chairs if that's possible for when I have more guests.
I'd also like ideas when it comes to desks (I need 2). Requirements:
1. One desk must be able to have a laptop, open textbooks, and binders on it. So it must be a good typing/writing height and sorta large. I also have a printer.
2. The other must suit a desktop and all the stuff that they come with pretty well.
3. They don't have to be exactly the same but I want them to be at least similar (i.e. style, size).
4. Hopefully black but I'm open to other ideas!
5. Must be available at a brick-and-mortar store in Canada. I'm no where near an IKEA, but it's a possibility if there's nowhere else.
6. Cheap! (price wise :P). I'm on a recently unemployed university student budget.