Sam’s Lottie update
Some people kindly helped me move more duckboards to my plot and they make barrowing much easier. Neighbours, they're so great :-) The first part of the bank was grassy so I stripped the turf and used it to level some more of my boundary paths. Most of those are now flat enough that a barrow, or more importantly a Sam, can stand upright without falling over. All the bending and straightening up to deal with those turves gave me horrible dizziness but I have tablets for that and I'm allowed to adjust the dose, so I did that. And then today I made a start on the actual soil-moving, from bank to the new potato bed. I did 4 barrowloads! Really pleased with that. There's now a dent in the bank and the topsoil I've dumped onto the potato bed looks like better soil than I'd expected. So it's been a good day today. Considering that I was struggling to walk at all this morning, I'm very pleased indeed with my 4 barrowloads.