I've got myself a polystyrene grow-yer-own-mushrooms kit and I'm hoping for some advice from folks who've used them before. These are ordinary boring white button mushrooms. Firstly, the pamphlet recommends they be kept at 18-21 degrees celcius. The only place that is this temperature is inside my house in the main living areas (we've got gas central heating). The laundry is downstairs and five degrees colder. I'm happy to put them in a cupboard but that leads on to question two - mushroom spores. If I keep them in said cupboard, opening the case every day to water, will I then get myself a lovely (not) crop of mushrooms inside the cupboard walls itself, due to the mushroom spores? Or will the dry air of the cupboard be enough to keep this from happening? It's a rental house, so I have to be more careful. Thirdly, the gardener I bought them from says that they grow for a certain amount of time and are then exhausted - no more mushrooms. But if I'm worrying about mushroom spores in my cupboards then surely there's a way to 'collect' and 'replant' them, so to speak. How do I do so?