- Pork roast (and any veggies you might have cooked with it)
- Masa flour (any finely ground unsweetened cornbread mix works ok too)
- Can or two of sweet corn or creamed corn (including the liquid)
- Yellow onion (dry onion flakes work too)
- Baking dish (corn husks or banana leaves are traditional but time consuming; foil = dry tamales)
- Dried poblano peppers (cheaper than canned)
Tamales or Tamal Pie one more way to use lefovers
It sounds pretty complicated, but once the procedure is down it's simple enough to make a lot to freeze. These freeze and microwave very well.