This gardening season was full of faux pas on my part. I figured to share some thoughts and make mental notes for next year. :)
1. Caladium tubers are tempermental. Don’t bother planting them until it’s more than 70 degrees outside for subsequent days.
2. Marigolds are prolific growers. No need to give them a head start in the house unless you want early blooms. When planting, no need to bury them either. Just throw the seeds on top of the dirt and wait, they’ll grow.
3. Rosemary grows slowly. Seeds take about 2 weeks longer to germinate than the package says. It’s better to spend 2 bucks for a seedling.
4. I don’t like squirrels as much as I used to and they sure do like tulip bulbs. I hope they got a stomach ache. *rolls eyes*
6. I hate my neighbors but most specifically I hate their creeping mulberry trees and grape vines, the forsythia I can deal with – snip snip snip.
7. Summer rain is not the enemy.
8. I’m still scurred of bees but I have a new appreciation for them.
9. Having the city spray for mosquitos was not a bad thing. I wish they’d done it this year.